The Penticton Farmers' Market is looking for a new manager for 2019.
Market Manager | Job Posting | December 2018
The Penticton Farmers’ Market is seeking a self-motivated market manager who has excellent organizational and communication skills. In addition, he or she must be community-orientated and passionate about local, small-scale farming. Prior event management experience is preferred.
The market manager position is part-time (approximately 20 hours per week year-round), with the primary responsibility being the operation of the farmers’ market. This includes an on-site presence at the market during all market hours, as well as off-site work during non-market hours. The manager will report to a board of directors that will set the market policy. In addition, the manager will represent the market to the market’s vendors, customers, and the community.
- Highly organized
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Physically fit (must be able to move barricades, set up tents and be on their feet all day)
- Enjoys working with people
- Has some level of computer proficiency (Word, basic website editing, and social media)
- Manage vendor applications
- Manage approximately 130 vendors per season
- Prepare for each season including getting necessary permits and market insurance; and meeting with the City of Penticton and the Downtown Penticton Association.
- Operate the outdoor market every Saturday mid-April – October; create a weekly vendor plan; process weekly fees and work with a bookkeeper; facilitate the Coupon Nutrition Program; coordinate and run the bi-weekly indoor winter markets; and organize assistants and volunteers.
- Manage market advertising, website, local media relations and social media
- Work with the board to plan for market growth
- Enhance community relationships
- Maintain PFM Society paperwork with provincial agencies
Must have access to a vehicle, computer and internet, and cell phone.
Please send a cover letter and resume (including references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2018. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!